Last Updated: February 2, 2022
(the "Site" or "Indiepub"), and all related tools and services (collectively, the "Indiepub Service").
Collection of Information Information You Provide to Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you create an account with AI Corp., fill out a form, create a project, upload content, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, postal address, password, demographic information, voice, image, and other information you choose to provide. Information We Collect Automatically.
When You Use the Indiepub Service. When you access or use the Indiepub Service, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Indiepub Service, including how you use the App, the type of browser you use, browser language, access times, pages viewed, duration of time for which you viewed a page, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Indiepub Service.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Indiepub Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to better understand how the Indiepub Service is used and improve the Indiepub Service and your experience. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images thatmay be used in the Indiepub Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Use of Information
We may use information we collect from you for various purposes, including to:
Note with Respect to the Use of Project Information:
- Provide, maintain, analyze, test, and improve the Indiepub Service and our technology;
- Provide and deliver the services you request, and the services we provide to users of the Indiepub Service, and to process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, performance, and activities in connection with the Indiepub Service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our rights and property;
- Personalize and improve the Indiepub Service and for research and development purposes;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out the purposes for which the information was specifically collected or for which you provided consent.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we protect the information contained in the projects you create using the Indiepub Service (the "Projects') as Confidential Information, and limit our use thereof, in accordance with the confidentiality obligations set forth in our Terms of Service
. The Indiepub Service automatically processes your Projects, but it does not involve human access to your Projects unless. Note with Respect to YouTube API Services
and the YouTube Terms of Service located at https://www.youtube.com/t/terms
. In addition to our normal procedures for managing and deleting stored data, you can manage and revoke access to your YouTube API data via the Google security settings page at https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Indiepub is based in the United States of America ("USA") and we process and store information in the USA. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Sharing of Information
We may share information as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including, but not limited to, third-party payment processors and vendors who assist us in providing, developing, testing and improving the Indiepub Service and our technology;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company (provided that your Projects will remain subject to the confidentiality obligations); and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Indiepub Service or otherwise that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you choose to provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you. Please note that any Projects that are designated as "public" or any other information you post in a public area of the Indiepub Service may be publicly viewable, including any information about you that may be contained in such Project, and will no longer be treated as confidential.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
, or visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
if you are a resident of the EEA (as defined below).
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Choices Account Information.
You may update, correct or delete information provided to us in connection with the Indiepub Service at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, contact [email protected]
, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the Indiepub Service. Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Users in the European Economic Area
If you are in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data. Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
Data Subject Requests
- We need to use information about you to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you such as to process your transcriptions and provide the Indiepub Services you have requested;
- We have a legitimate interest in processing information about you. For example, we may process information about you to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Indiepub Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Sites and Indiepub Services;
- We need to process information about you to comply with our legal obligations;
- We may process information about you with your consent, which you may revoke at any time (see the "Your Choices" section above).
If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below. Questions or Complaints
If you are in the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Questions or Complaints